Altitude Rehabilitation and Performance Training
Thinking of going on holiday to Machu Picchu? Or do you just want to get fit and lose that extra bit of weight? Our altitude training packages are run by Altitude training certified physiotherapists in state-of-the-art facilities. We perform a combination of cardiovascular and resistance exercise in our two rooms with 40+ pieces of equipment. Ask about our training packages for high altitude adventure holidays today!
Altitude training has been incorporated into elite athlete’s performance programs for some time now. When you are in a hypoxic (oxygen poor) environment, your body’s various systems (cardiovascular, cardiopulmonary, metabolic, musculoskeletal) have to adapt and upregulate to continue to meet the oxygen demands of the body. Exercise and rehabilitation in altitude has been shown to:
– Increase metabolism/fat loss and cardiopulmonary function (ideal for people suffering from disorders such as diabetes and asthma)
– Increased red blood cell count
– improve lactate clearance and lactic acid buffering capacity
– Decreased lactate production
– improves oxygen utilisation by muscles
– Decreased recovery and rehabilitation times via enhanced oxygen delivery
Whether you wish to accelerate your rehabilitation, ease into a new workout program or want to take your performance to the next level, altitude training will get you there
Need a consultation?
Give us a call or book online today!