Hydrotherapy is an active form of physiotherapy that involves the assessment, diagnosis, and the use of clinical reasoning to form a treatment program catering to each client’s specific needs. Because of the weightless environment that the water provides, you can move your injured structures through a greater range of movement without pain.
Hydrotherapy can help promote relaxation, mobilise joints, strengthen muscles, develop balance and coordination. Hydrotherapy is beneficial for:
– Relaxation and decreased muscle spasm
– Decreased pain due to warmth and support
– Gravity is countered by buoyancy.
– Increased muscle strength and endurance due to the greater resistance in water.
– Improvement in swelling, due to hydrostatic pressure.
– Enhanced balance and stabilisation.
– Improved enjoyment and confidence to move better
Need a consultation?
Give us a call or book online today!